Following a request from the Regional Licence Officer – Lesley Leffers – and discussed at this years’ Devon AGM Martin Walters will act as the Licence Co-ordinator for Devon licenced meets.
What this will mean in practice is that Lesley will not issue any licence at any level until she has had the okay from Martin.
A meet calendar for Devon will shortly be published so all clubs can see what weekends are booked by whom to avoid any clashes where ever possible. The last available information from Region is that each county will be restricted to:
- Counties only run in the allocated County block of weeks and to criteria
- Regional Competitions are run in the allocated Regional block of weeks and to criteria
- Each month all counties run no more than 2 x L1 or L2 & 2 x L3 or LL4 meets
- There is a fair and equal share of meets allocated to any club wishing to run meets. This may mean that clubs are not permitted to run more than 3 meets in total at L1-3 a year.
- There will be no restrictions on the number of L4 or low level 4 meets providing they aren’t in the blacked out dates already published by the Region.
The above information may be updated shortly after the next Regional Swimming Meeting. Until any further information is forthcoming from Region the above restrictions will apply from January 2020.
Devon Swimming Committee