Saturday 17th March 9am to 3:30pm
Holiday Inn Taunton
Cost:£10 coaches from SwimMark Clubs, £20 for coaches from Non SwimMark Clubs
In partnership with the Swim England Talent Team join is for this unmissable opportunity for any Level 1 and Level 2 coach wanting to develop their knowledge on how to coach the next generation of swimmers.
The day will include the following workshops:
- Optimal Athlete Development Framework (OADF) – awareness of the British Swimming Framework. What is it, how does it work and what is our role. Delivered by Grant Robins, Head of Swim England Talent Team
- Club Awards– How to implement the awards into a club programme. Delivered by Grant Robins.
- Talent Across the Ages – exploring biological, psychological and social characteristics of athlete development and learning about the athlete’s journey. Delivered by Evan Jenkins, Zonal Lead S&C Coach for London & East
- Growth and development of Age Group Swimmers with motor learning skills – motor learning and skill acquisition. Do you use a chronological or biological approach? Should you focus on number 1 stroke or not?
- Planning considerations – targeting the benchmark meet – what and how. Delivered by Jo John, Exeter City Head Coach & former Talent Development Officer.
To book on please complete the booking form. Spaces will not be confirmed or reserved until the completed form and payment have been received.
Closing Date 25thFebruary 2019.