|Position:||Assistant to the Head Coach, Exeter City Swimming Club|
|Location:||Exeter City Swimming Club Training Venues as requested|
|20th July 2018
|Type of Contract:||Permanent Full Time, 40 hours a week, All hours contract, subject to 6 month probationary period.|
Exeter City Swimming Club are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, organised, highly motivated and committed Assistant Head Coach who is able to work under the guidance of the Head Coach to provide an excellent environment in which our swimmers can achieve their full potential.
Established in 1895 we are a Swim 21 accredited Club with around 490 members, catering for all standards of swimming learn to swim through to county, regional, National, International and Masters.
- Commitment to support the head coach across all squads within the club structure.
- Ability to design, deliver and evaluate a training and competition programme to reflect the needs of our swimmers, in line with ADSP and focusing on continuing the successes of the Club.
- Ability to design, deliver and evaluate a training and competition programme for the Exeter University BUCS team
- To work with the LTS co-ordinator and all coaches in the programme to ensure swimmers are progressing appropriately through the pathway.
- To deliver a high level of technical skills to enable swimmers to achieve their full potential.
- Consistency in coaching approach implemented throughout the Club, following ADSP
- Mentor a team of experienced coaches and poolside helpers
- Excellent communication with club members, committee, parents and external partners
- To attend competitions as directed by the head coach
- Work alongside the head coach delivering sessions to the performance squad
- To cover in the absence of the head coach
- Attend regular meetings with head coach and coaches meetings.
- Take responsibility for own CPD
The salary offered will be circa depending on qualifications and experience
The contract of employment will be an all hours, permanent full time basis for two years with an agreed period of probation.
Applications in writing with detailed CV and supporting letter to
Dean Drury by email
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- UKCC Level 2 Coach or a number of years of evidenced experience with the ability and motivation to work towards UKCC Level 3.
- Excellence in coaching and the ability to motivate swimmers at all levels
- To coach swimmers to undertake excellent skills in all areas of their swimming.
- Consistency in coaching following ADSP.
- Desire to continuously develop
- Clearly able to convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals and groups, engaging them and helping them to understand and retain the message.
- Attend to communications from others, interpreting correctly and responding appropriately.
- Ability to communicate effectively with club members, committee and parents.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all external partners
- Administration skills.
- Ability to undertake administration for squads as requested.
- To support the Head Coach and committee with administration as requested.
- Good IT skills.
- Commitment to support the head coach across all squads within the club structure and to attend weekend events to support club swimmers.
- Ability to formulate training and competition programmes to reflect the needs of the swimmers, focusing on continuing the successes of the Club.
- Strong interpersonal skills to mentor a team of experienced coaches and poolside helpers
- Support and work with the head coach to achieve the long term vision for the club.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- UKCC Level 3 coach
- Ability to deliver land training with an appropriate qualification