Launceston Swimming Club Seeks a New Head Coach
Head Coach – Launceston, North Cornwall
Launceston Swimming Club is currently seeking a Head Coach to lead our existing team of coaches and poolside assistants in developing and enhancing the high-quality swim programme currently delivered to our talented and enthusiastic swimmers.
This position offers an exciting opportunity for a new Head Coach to establish an optimum development and competition swimming programme across the club. We would welcome new ideas and thinking to deliver an inspirational programme that our committed members deserve.
We are a competitive development club, offering all swimmers, from Swim England Level 7 through to our successful regional swimmers, the opportunities and skill development to progress their competitive swimming careers.
As Head Coach you’ll be enthusiastic about advancing swimming throughout the club with an ability to inspire all ability levels, communicate and work effectively with swimmers, coaches, parents and committee.
The successful applicant will be required to attend most galas to encourage and support all our swimmers, who range from first time entrants through to swimmers at county, regional & national level.
The Club is Swim Mark accredited and you will be supported by our existing committed and enthusiastic coaching team.
- Plan and deliver, in conjunction with the coaching team, a coordinated training programme across all swim groups in line with LTAD
- Plan a competition calendar, ensure attendance and support of swimmers at these galas
- Take an active role in team selection
- Organise regular coaching team meetings to ensure swimmer progress and continuity across the coaching team
- Manage the coaching rota
- Develop a positive working partnership with all swimmers and parents, providing feedback to parents at regular progress meetings
- Attend committee meetings, as required, by the Club Committee
- Follow the Swim England Child Protection Policy and ensure it is promoted
- Comply with the Club Policies
You will be up-to-date with current swim coaching techniques to develop swimmers to their individual maximum potential.
You must be qualified to ASA Level 2 or above in Coaching Swimming.
A competitive rate is on offer to the successful candidate. To be discussed at interview.
Launceston Swimming Club is based in North Cornwall and trains at Phoenix Leisure Centre, Launceston.
To view our current training times, visit www.launcestonswimmingclub.co.uk
How to apply
Please submit your C.V. and a short summary of why you are interested in this role to Helen Ward, LSC Chair at
by Monday 21stMay 2018.